BIAW awarded $40,377 in scholarships and grants to students and programs across the state. The scholarship winners are continuing their education with future careers being assets to the home building industry.
Since its inception, BIAW has awarded over $670,000 in scholarships to students who have demonstrated a passion and commitment to developing a career in the home building industry.
Among the 34 student applicants for the scholarships this year, 18 winners were chosen based on the field of study, extracurricular activities, and building industry work experiences.
This year's winners are:
- Anahi Belen Ramos of Wenatchee
- Matthew Clark of Sedro-Wooley
- Cole Daniels of Elma
- Jake Eko of Chehalis
- Andrew Hastings of Cle Elum
- Samantha Heron of Port Hadlock
- Blaise Janke of Silver Lake
- Shanna Leyenhorst of Sumas
- Kevin Mendoza of Wenatchee
- Braydon Metzger of Sequim
- Danica Miller of Sequim
- Signe Questad of Pasco
- Alex Rojas of Yakima
- Sierra Rothlisberger of Chelan
- Giovanni Scarpelli of Vancouver
- Maleaha Smith of Oakville
- Mark D. Starks Sr. of Hoquim
- Cayden Tanasse of Richland
Additionally, BIAW awarded six grants to organizations offering programs in construction-related fields of study, residential construction career training, continuing education, and apprenticeship and skills assessment services.
This year’s grant recipients are:
- Community Boat Project in Port Hadlock
- Darrington School District in Darrington
- Grays Harbor College Carpentry Program in Grays Harbor
- Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County in Port Angeles
- Kitsap Building Association in Bremerton
- Perry Technical Institute in Yakima
BIAW would like to thank the scholarship review committee who spent hours reviewing and evaluating the applications: Deacon Band, LizAnne Coker, Charles Locke, Russ Shiplet, and Chelsea Snodgrass.
If you are interested in more information about BIAW’s scholarship or grant program, please contact Hillary Vanatta at email@example.com or call (360) 352-7800 ext. 106.« Return to Blog